life in Mercyville

this is my song...

"Can you hold please?"
The voice on the other end of the phone did not wait for my response. I am put on hold. Sure, I can hold...I would rather not, but since it wasn't up for discussion I will.
God does this sometimes too.
Hold please. Wait on me. Be still and know that I am God. Well, I would rather not sometimes, but since it wasn't up for discussion, I will. And so I do. Seasons of waiting can be difficult. Especially if you are not very patient. Learning new lessons, being refined, sanctified just a bit more seems to occur most during the seasons of waiting on the Lord.
While on hold the background music plays. Here is today's song while I wait:

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine.
O what a foretaste of glory divine.

Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.


This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my Savior am happy and blessed,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with his goodness, lost in his love.


The Lord is my strength and my song, he has become my salvation. Exodus 15:2

Thankful that my God gives me a song while having me wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment