life in Mercyville

Deep calls to Deep


"Deep calls to deep at the roar of your waterfalls;
all your breakers and your waves have gone over me.
By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, 
and at night his song is with me, 
a prayer to the God of my life."
Psalm 42:7 & 8

Along the treacherous path we hiked. Even in the midst of the rugged terrain is the beauty of God's handiwork in the delicate flowers. So it is in life's journey that during difficult times, destination unknown, that beauty arises, a psalm in the heart.


As the hike continued - for over three miles, we were promised it would be worth it. Small glimpses of beauty along the way were nice, but there was still uncertainty and thoughts of "Is this worth it?" Then as deep calls to deep, we heard the distance roar of His waterfalls. This psalm was living and active for me, reminding me of his steadfast love and that  his song is with me.

refreshed in the Nauyaka Falls in Costa Rica!

Indeed his breakers and waves have gone over me...my prayer to the God of my life will be rejoicing with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory. Thankful for my God who knows my heart, hears my cries and because of His great love shows me his beauty and allowed me to experience the psalmists words in a tangible way.

Listen for the roar of his waterfalls, be content to let his waves go over you. He knows your heart and hears your cries.

3 comments:

  1. You have a gift for writing and encouraging. THANKS for sharing these gifts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Katelynne!
    Dr. LaBar - you need to head to Costa Rica with your camera - God's creativity and majesty everywhere!

    ReplyDelete