life in Mercyville

My nose in a book!


For the first time, in quite a while, I have picked up some great fiction novels for the summer. Lynn Austin's Gods and Kings series has me walking the dusty roads of Jerusalem alongside kings and prophets of the Old Testament. Loving that my feet are getting dusty with this series.

While determined to read only for fun & enjoyment this summer - meaning that I would not jump right into my regular reading of ministry, leadership, church. Well, maybe just one won't hurt - I have Alan Hirsch's The Forgotten Ways on my kindle! Admission - while taking the summer for rest, I also find enjoyment in learning more of how God's church can best bring Him glory!


"No man can be called friendless who has God and the companionship of good books."
Elizabeth Barrett Browning, poet

No comments:

Post a Comment