life in Mercyville

Rainbows and Funnel cakes

Close your eyes. You are frightened. 
 Where does your mind go to flee from that anxious fear inside?
If you are a 10 year old girl who knows what it means to stop and smell the roses, enjoys the breeze flowing through her hair, and quietly talks to her Savior during the day...then
 "rainbows & funnel cakes" of course!


Give me, Lord, her outlook on life!


When fear, doubts, and overwhelming feelings begin to flood my heart...too often I let them loom.  Suddenly they are larger than my Jesus, my fear gives way to doubt,
 and a mean sprial downward can happen.
But maybe, just maybe, if rainbows and funnel cakes become my thoughts when fear creeps in ~ 
 then a definite smile would come to my face. 
Perhaps then my heart could let go of fear and instead
 grasp the truths of my Savior.
Could it be that for a ten year old
Philippians 4:8
 means rainbows & funnel cakes.
"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise,
think about these things."

Thank you Gretchen for being a part of a summer mission trip for the children. Thank you for sitting on the floor of the pregnancy center, rolling small papers, serving alongside, and asking children interesting questions! Otherwise, I am unsure that I would have ever known that when my daughter gets scared she just closes her eyes and thinks of rainbows and funnel cakes! PRICELESS to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment